Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Day +70

I am fine today.

Apart from teaching my sons Joseph and Daniel, I also started to teach my nephew STPM (Malaysia Higher School Certificate) Physics. He is my third sister's (my stem cell donor) eldest son who is staying in Bintangor, Sarawak. He is not like my sister who is hardworking and very sleepy; he is actually very lazy but not sleepy at all. In order to encourage him to study harder, I volunteer to teach him Physics, starting from chapter one, a few times in a week. Hopefully, my clear and detail explanation will make him more interested in this subject.

The tuition is done through internet. The most suitable software is Yahoo Messenger with voice as it offers a plugin called "doodle" that serves as a common drawing board. A webcam can be useful, but is not a must. Other software like Microsoft Live Messenger and Skype do not offer a common drawing board where both the student and teacher can draw together, so they are not suitable for online tuition. I am planning to replace my standard mouse with an optical pen mouse which will enable me to write nicely and quickly in the drawing board. Pen mouse is still not widely used yet. If you came across a good one, please recommend it to me.

If you or someone needs help in subjects like Physics, Mathematics or even some computer subjects like programming, I might be able to help :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: