Thursday, September 14, 2006

Day +71

I am fine today. Just continue my story...

After discharged from NMSC on 20, December 2005, I stayed in my sister's house in Kuching for a few days. My family and I flied back to Kuala Lumpur on the Christmas day. We missed all the Christmas activities.

My family members wished that I did not have to do bone marrow transplant. They hoped if I repeat the cytogenetic analysis, the result would be more favorable. My fourth sister brought me to see a hematologist in SJMC in order to get his opinion about my future treatment. The hematologist said that my case was very straight forward; the treatment had to be 4 cycles of chemotherapy with bone marrow transplant. From there onward, I was determined to go for bone marrow transplant even though I knew "it is a high risk business."

Apart from moral support in term of encouragements and prayers, I also received a lot of financial help from family members, relatives, church members, friends and my wife’s colleagues. Some of them were so generous in giving money until I felt a little bit embarrassed to receive it. As I had to temporary stop working and my wife also applied leave for a year, our income is greatly reduced. My church and my wife's school raised some fund for us and the company that I worked is also supporting me. My wife's school even planned to raise fund for us second time to payoff more than RM10,000 overdrawn salary due to my wife's unpaid and half-paid leave, but we turned it down because we believed we could settle it with our saving.

I considered myself very fortunate because so many people care about me and my family.

See you next post :-)

No comments: