Sunday, September 10, 2006

Day +67

I am fine today. I would like to talk gain...

Before the discharge, I needed to make a decision of where I should further my treatment. I could continue my chemotherapy in NMSC in Kuching or Subang Jaya Medical Centre (SJMC) in Selangor, but the medical fee could easily exceed the entitlement of my medical insurance. The other choice was to go to Kuala Lumpur General Hospital (KLH), but I expected there are too many patients there which might result in long waiting list. Finally, I decided to further my chemotherapy in UH, which is a semi-government body. As my wife is a government teacher, I entitled for free treatment in government hospital. So I would not be expected to spend too much in UH.

The next decision was to choose my transplant centre. I had three choices: Singapore, KLH, SJMC and UH. The cost of doing a sibling allogeneic transplant in Singapore and SJMC was estimated to be RM200,000 and RM150,000 respectively. Again, this is beyond my insurance coverage. However, I planned to do my transplant in SJMC initially, but changed my mind later to do it in UH after consulting with a hematologist in SJMC.

See you next post :-)

No comments: