Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Day +63

I am fine today. I started to teach my sons, Daniel and Joseph, to do their homework. As a precaution, I put on mask and asked them to study just outside my room.

Now back to the story…

My eldest sister is also very talkative, but the most talkative one in my family is my second sister. When I was in NMSC, my second sister also came to take care of me for quite sometime.

When the most talkative one met with the second talkative one in my room, the talk flows like Rejang River, continuously days and nights. I just could not figure out how they could have so many things to talk about. On many nights, both of them stayed overnight in NMSC to take care of me, so that they could continue talking.

Both of them are government teachers. They needed to attend government PTK exam during December, 2005, and they determined to study together very hard in my room while taking care of me. Everyday, I was very glad to see them laid out their study material on the bed initially. But to my surprise, before they started to read the first line of the material, they already forgot what they were supposed to do, and started to talk again. They behaved exactly like my sons, who always forgot what they were doing shortly after they started to do their homework, and started to enjoy playing and talking :-)

See you next post :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah.... actually did Daniel and Joseph know what sickness do you have? as now suzanne is very busy with her work, hardly have time to teach your son... :)

Wendy

Anonymous said...

My son talks a lot too. We have to constantly remind ourselves that he is merely learning to express himself. I am learning how to teach him to express himself because sometimes he gets frustrated to getting the message across. But recently he is very clever to reason out things. For example, yesterday night he asked me to check the temperature and if it is warm enough he asked whether I can turn on the room air-condition for him.

Two nights ago, I asked him whether he wants Jesus to come into his heart and he said yes and together with my wife we all prayed together. We think this is the first step for our 4 year old son to continue to grow in the Lord. I led my daughter in the same prayer when she was 5. Even though we suspect they may not understand the meaning of accepting Christ, we should not discount the fact that God will speak to them through His Spirit and they will understand. And in time we shall witness the fruit.

Coming back to talking a lot. I would allow my son to talk a lot but not nag over what he wants.

Continue to "talk" to us in this blog.

Dennis Sek

David said...

Hi Wendy, Daniel knows but Joseph might not know. I understand working outside is tough. Last time I don't have time to teach them too.

Hi Dennis, glad to hear that they accepted Christ. My sons do not talk to me as much as they talk to each other. Very often, when they started to talk, they entered their fantasy world, with all those funny body language, scifi sounds and very fast and urgent words which my wife and I don't even understand. It looks like they are fighting fierce war in that fantasy land with all kinds of high end weapons :-(