Monday, September 18, 2006

Day +75

My Blood Count Today:
Red Blood Count (RBC) = 113(Normal 130-180)
Platelet = 73(Normal 150-450)
White Blood Count (WBC) = 3.1(Normal 4 - 11)
Absolute Neutrophil Count (ANC) = 1.891 (Normal 1.5 - 8.0)
Potassium = 4.6(Normal 3.5 - 5.2)
Magnesium = 0.64(Normal 0.65 - 1.05)

I am fine today. Platelet continues to drop from 92 to 73 while the rest of the result is quite stable. After seeing the doctor, the nurse draws another blood sample for Peripheral Blood Film (PBF) test to investigate why the platelet keeps on dropping. So I "kena cucuk dua kali." (get poked twice) Fortunately, no magnesium infusion is needed today; else I have to bear the pain of setting up an intravenous line. The doctor also cut down my Cyclosporin intake from 150mg per day to 100mg per day. I took 200mg per day initially, which was reduced to 150mg on day +54.

My wife comes across a Nasi Dagang recipe in a cook book. It is a very famous and delicious food in Trengganu and Kelantan. Some people called it "Nasi Lemak" of Trengganu and Kelantan. It is usually eaten with Kari Ikan Tongkol. I only ate twice long time ago. We tried to cook it by ourselves, but could not find the Nasi Dagang rice here. There are two types of Nasi Dagang rice, one type is reddish brown in color and the other type is white in color. One of the BMT nurse bought us both types of rice and a type of spice called "halba"(fenugreek seeds) when she went back to Trengganu for holiday. With all ingredients available now, I would be able to enjoy this food very soon. You might think that curry is not a healthy food, but I read from newspapers at least three times saying curry will prevent cancer :-) "信不信由你"(Believe it nor not?) I choose to believe because I want to enjoy Nasi Dagang with Kari Ikan Tongkol :-)

One my way back from hospital, I went to computer shops at Sunway Pyramid to look for pen-shaped optical mouse. We can hold this type of mouse like a pen for easy writing and drawing on computer. I need it to elaborate something through a drawing board while giving tuition to my nephew through internet. Unfortunately, I asked almost all the computer shops that could possibly sell this type of mouse in Sunway Pyramid "Digital Centre", nobody even heard about this device :-( It looks like I have to buy an expensive pen tablet.

See you next post.

No comments: