Monday, August 28, 2006

Day +54

My Blood Count Today:
Red Blood Count (RBC) = 107(Normal 130-180)
Platelet = 141(Normal 150-150)
White Blood Count (WBC) = 4.0(Normal 4 - 11)
Absolute Neutrophil Count (ANC) = 2.6 (Normal 1.5 - 8.0)
Potassium = 4.6(Normal 3.5 - 5.2)
Magnesium = 0.57(Normal 0.65 - 1.05)

I am fine today. For the fist time, the white blood count reaches normal level without the help of "growth factor". I hope the magnesium level will soon comes to normal level as well. With this, I do not need any drug infusion and thus the PICC on my arm can be removed. This PICC has been used for almost 6 months.

My body starts to grow hair now, but it seems to grow on the wrong place. Instead of growing on my "botak"(bald) head, the hair grow on my face first :-( You might think that it is perfectly alright for man to grow mustache and beard, but it is definitely more than that. The hair grows all over my face. As you know, it is quite unusual for me to have hairy face. So what cause it? The culprit is the drug Cyclosporin that I take everyday to prevent GVHD. The doctor told me even female who take the drug will grow mustache and beard and end up with a hairy face.

I met an Allogeneic Transplant friend who is more "senior" than me but only half of my age. The “seniority” here is based on transplant age. Since he did the transplant about 3 months earlier than me, he is considered to be my senior. His hair grow extraordinary thick due to Cyclosporin. When he went for a hair cut, the barber charge him extra RM2 because there are too much hair to cut :-(

Would my hairy body scared off my children? No, no. All of my children like Teddy Bear very much. Now instead of playing with all the Teddy Bears that they have, they can play with a wonderful living toy called Teddy Ba or Kingkong Ba :-)

See you next post :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear David,

Conglaturation! Priase the Lord! with the WBC reaching 4 now, does it means that you can leave your isolated room very soon?

By the way, out of curiousity, how do you get your daily reading for WBC, platelet and etc?

God Bless,
Grace

David said...

Dear Grace,

Thank you.

I have to discuss with doctor first when I can go to public place. Actually, even with WBC and ANC reach to normal level, my immunity is still low. This is because the drug Cyclosporin suppress my immunity. All my vaccination earlier are not effective anymore, so I am prompt to get those disease which the vaccination suppose to prevent. I need to re-vaccine myself one year later.

The blood count is only available on Monday and Thursday during followup in hospital. The nurse will draw blood and send it to the lab at 8:00am. I will get result at about 11:00am.

Congratulation on your house warming!

God bless,
David

Anonymous said...

Dear David,

Oh oh i see... it was thro' the hospital, i thought you done it at home. Then i would like to learn from you. How silly i'm.

I have just clarify with Pastor, that tonight gathering over my place is a combined cell group cum Merdeka Celebration, i will still host a house warming sometime Dec, which i hope by that time i'm fully recover from my operation, and pray to GOd that by then you be able to join us as well.

God bless,
Grace

David said...

Dear Grace,

With the PICC, my wife can actually draw blood sample, but we don't have machine to analyze the blood.

If it's Dec, I am quite sure I can join the house warming.

Will pray for your operation.

God bless,
David