Friday, August 18, 2006

Day +44

I am fine today.

I live in Puchong, Selangor but I did my first chemotherapy in Kuching, Sarawak on the 30, November, 2005. Selangor is located in West Malaysia and Sarawak is located in East Malaysia. These two states are separated by South China Sea and they are more than 1000km apart. So the only practical way to travel between these two places is by plane.

You might wonder why I took all the trouble to travel over 1000km away to do my first chemotherapy. But I can tell you that I am definitely not a troublesome man like this. The reason is that my family and I were having holiday in Kuching November last year and I was diagnosed with this disease just one day before our scheduled flight back to Kuala Lumpur International Airport(KLIA). At that time, my white blood count is extremely high and the platelet is very low, the nurse hung a sign board with the word "RIB"(Rest in Bed) on my bed immediately after admission. With this "RIB" sign, I was not allowed to leave my bed. How could I fly back to KLIA without leaving the bed? The only way that I could do this was to carry the bed with me, but you know I had no strength to do this at all even before I was sick:-(

Therefore the only choice was to stay back to do the chemotherapy in Kuching.

To be continue...

See you next post.

No comments: