Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Day +41

I am well today.

I managed to clean my own room today while my wife was cleaning the toilet. She prepared the diluted Dettol solution, cleaning cloth and the mop for me first. Then I put on the mask and gloves, and used the cleaning cloth that was treated with Dettol solution to wipe off the dust on the cupboards, windows, tables, guitar case, notebook computer and almost everything I can find in the room. After this, I mopped the floor and changed the bedsheet and and pillow case to complete the cleaning job. This cleaning serves as a good exercise for me and it also reduces some burden of my wife. 一箭双雕 :-)(Kills two birds with one stone)

My friend sent me a web site on the top 100 healthy foods few days ago. I scanned through the list and found out peanut, my favourite food, is inside the list. According to the website, the peanut can prevent cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure, obesity and stroke. In addition, it is also rich in magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper and zinc. So I asked my wife to buy me some peanut to be taken together with meals. As rotten peanut is extremely bad for health, my mother-in-law peeled off the skin of every peanut and then divided each of them into half to check whether they are fresh. After that, she fried the peanuts without using a single drop of oil until they are crispy and fragrant.

I am so glad to be served with these fresh, crispy, fragrant and delicious peanuts today, a healthy delicious food:-)

See you next post.

No comments: