Thursday, August 03, 2006

Day +29

My Blood Count Today:
Red Blood Count (RBC) = 94(Normal 130-180)
Platelet = 63(Normal 150-50)
White Blood Count (WBC) = 19.2(Normal 4 - 11)
Potassium = 4.1(Normal 3.5 - 5.2)
Magnesium = 0.53(Normal 0.65 - 1.05)

I am well today, with magnesium deficiency. The red blood count drops a little bit, but there is a good increase in platelet. The white blood count shoots up like rocket, from 1.5 to 19.2. It should be due to the "growth factor" injection yesterday and it will drops again.

The doctors decided to discharge me today - a milestone:-). The total number of days I stayed in the ward for the transplant is 39(29+9+1). I sincerely appreciate the doctors and nurses who take great care of me throughout my stay in the ward. After this, I still have to go through intensive follwup initially, twice a week on Monday and Thursday.

The immune system will take about 6 months to 1 year to mature. So I will isolate myself again in a small room at home, with air conditioner and air filter(HEPA filter + Carbon filter + Ionizer). I am not allowed to touch my baby because he is vaccinated with the live-virus oral polio vaccine. The virus in his body can infect me easily through his body secretions like sweat and stool.

The guideline for visitor is "Avoid close physical contact with anyone who has cough, cold or other infections. You can have visitors, but limit them to small groups(2 to 4 at a time) of healthy people". So if you intended to visit me, I hope you can hold on the visit until my immune system becomes more mature. However, if you are healthy and from far away such as Sarawak, US, Hong Kong, then I will accept the visit, limited to 2 to 4 person at a time.

Glory and praise to our God!

See you next post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ting,

Glad to hear that you are well and finally discharged to go home. Basing on your current condition, myself, Sabah Lee and Goh will probably only pay you a visit at a later stage.
Take care.

Regards,

YK Tiong

David said...

Thank you Sandra.It is good to know that the isolation will not take anything longer than 6 months. I will just carry on my hobbies inside my isolated room:-) Being at home is good, my family member do not need to send meal to me twice everyday now. Take care and God bless you. David

Thank you, Tiong:-)