Monday, August 21, 2006

Day +47

My Blood Count Today:
Red Blood Count (RBC) = 104(Normal 130-180)
Platelet = 136(Normal 150-150)
White Blood Count (WBC) = 2.9(Normal 4 - 11)
Absolute Neutrophil Count (ANC) = 1.566 (Normal 1.5 - 8.0)
Potassium = 3.9(Normal 3.5 - 5.2)
Magnesium = 0.48(Normal 0.65 - 1.05)

I am well today. Generally the blood result is normal, except the magnesium level, which is still too low. The nurse gave me another magnesium infusion. The white blood count dropped from 8.6 to 2.9, but the ANC is still within the normal range, though it is on the lower end.

I am going to participate in a classical guitar competition in China. The scope is any one of the 25 Carcassi Etudes. The question is I have to be isolated or avoid crowd and I have to attend the competition in China. How am I going to achieve this? Very easy, record the classical guitar piece and upload it to the web site which organizes this competition. Everything can be done in this isolated room:-)

I am now busy practicing the competition piece and also learn to record the piece using computer. Even though I choose a very simple piece to play, but it is still extremely difficult for me to play it well. The reason is that the medicine, Cyclosporin, that prevents GVHD makes my hand trembles very much. Now my right hand is just like a tame horse gone wild, jumping up and down, ignoring all my command. I wanted to pluck the first string, the finger plucks the 2nd string. I wanted to pluck the 2nd string, the finger plucks the "air", miss to pluck any string completely:-(

You see I am not as fortunate as our prime minister, Pak Lah. When he was criticized, all his subordinates supported him unconditionally because he is “head”. But now my hands don't listen to my head because the Cyclosporin "critizes" me, and someone might thus takes advantages of me:-(

See you next post:-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah... you attend classical guitar competition ah..... gambateh....:) anyhow i know is difficult for you to do it... we will pray for you! don't worry! =)

Wendy

David said...

thank u, wendy.