Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Day +28

My Blood Count Today:
Red Blood Count (RBC) = 98(Normal 130-180)
Platelet = 54(Normal 150-50)
White Blood Count (WBC) = 1.5(Normal 4 - 11)
Potassium = 4.1Normal 3.5 - 5.2)
Magnesium = 0.49(Normal 0.65 - 1.05)

I am fine today. All the blood counts drop a little bit. The drop of white blood count is beyond my expection. However, doctors say it is not considered to be a problem as the BMA result showed very good engraftment.

In order to raise the white blood count, doctors decided to give me "growth factor" again through injection, three times a week.

As I said in the previous post, I am very busy in this isolated ward. So you don't have to worry I would be upset due to the delay in discharge.

The list of thing that I do or could do in the ward:
1. Sleeping - never feel guilty of sleep too much because it is my job to sleep now.
2. Eating - meals, pills, supplements... to make sure that I get enough nutritient.
3. Take bath - I put it here because it takes me half an hour to take a bath now. Before I was sick, it only takes about of 5 minutes - a piece of soap apply to the whole body without applying any hair shampoo or lotion. Now I have to apply lotion to every part of the body including my shinning bald head after taking bath. If I look at the mirror, I can see my head reflecting light:-)
4. Exercise - This include cycling, playing the sport cars and walk in the room.
5. Reading - newspaper, bible-sometime memorize verses, plenty of electronic books(Jinyong novels, years of Scientic American magazine, over 100 music books, christian material, internet resources...), many hard copy books at home as well.
6. Listen to sermon - there are plenty of them online.
7. Writing blog - may be can venture into other writing:-)
8. Music appreciation - over 500 hundred audio CD, VCD and DVD. Mainly classical guitar musics, but also significant collection of classical piano, orchestra and other music. It takes about 160GB hard disk to store the collection.
9. Playing classical guitar - over 15000 pages of classical music scores both in electronic and hard copy form, if 20% of them are within my capability to play, then I will have 3000 pages of music to play and memorize. I also collect a significant amount of piano scores collection because my wife can play piano very well. Even though I cannot play piano, I feel very satisfied just by looking at the piano scores - kind of addicted to music scores due to some reasons that I would share with you later.
10. Create a software catalog of my music and score collection, so that it is easier for me to share the collection with others.
11. Playing games including my favorite Sudoku - plenty of other games in my PDA
12. Learning computer programming - always my interest

Plus many other thing to do under a physically isolated environment.

See you next post:-)

No comments: