Sunday, August 27, 2006

Day +53

I am fine today :-) Just continue to share my story...

I know this is not a dream, so I have to accept the reality first and then face the challenge. Anyway, life is not a bed of roses, no matter what races you are and what religion you belief. If you belief that Christian should always be healthy, trouble-free and millionaire, read the book of Job in the Bible carefully. This is a very important concept we need to grasp first so that we would be able to accept the reality of suffering and then to face the challenge with God's guidance. Else we would end up to be a miserable man, unable to accept the reality and thus unable to face the challenge.

I am a Christian who trust God and put all my hope in God. I did not respond this life crisis with tears and complaint. And I don't need to question God why this unfortunate even happen to me. What I need to know is that He will guide me through this crisis, no matter what the outcome would be. This promise is recorded in the Bible, “Putting all your troubles on him, for he takes care of you.” I Peter 5:7.

I have faith in God and this faith does not look at the outcome of the disease only, but look at the hand of God. When I fully convinced He will guide me through this ordeal, the outcome of this ordeal becomes a secondary matter. In other word, whether I am cured or not is not so important now. The important thing is that He is holding my hand or even carrying me through my problem.

However, this does not mean that we do not need to pray for a cure, the Bible teach us also to put our requests before God and he will grant us peace of God, which is deeper than all knowledge. “Have no cares, but in everything with prayer and praise put your requests before God. And the peace of God, which is deeper than all knowledge, will keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.” Philips 4:6-7.

The following hymn which I memorize depicts the above belief strongly. The English version can be difficult to understand, I present a Chinese version as well.

He leadeth me! O blessed thought
1. He leadeth me! O blessed thought, O words with heav'nly comfort fraught;
Whate'er I do, where'er I be, Still 'tis Christ's hand that leadeth me.

Chorus:
He leadeth me! He leadeth me! By His own hand He leadeth me;
His faithful follower I would be, For by His hand He leadeth me.

2. Sometimes 'mid scenes of deepest gloom, Sometimes where Eden's bowers bloom,
By waters still, o'er troubled sea, Still 'tis His hand that leadeth me. (to Chorus)

3. Lord, I would clasp Thy hand in mine, Nor ever murmur or repine;
Content, whatever lot I see, Since it is Thou that leadest me. (to Chorus)

4. And when my task on earth is done, When, by Thy grace, the vict'ry's won,
E'en death's cold wave I will not flee, Since Thou in triumph leadest me. (to Chorus)

耶稣领我歌
1. 耶稣领我 我真喜欢 蒙主引导 心中平安
无论日夜 动静起坐 耶稣圣手时常领我

副歌:
耶稣领我 耶稣领我 耶稣天天亲手领我
我愿为主忠实信徒 因蒙主恩时常领我

2. 有时遭遇困苦忧伤 有时大得喜乐安康
无论危险 无论稳妥 全靠耶稣亲手领我(副歌)

3. 我愿紧握恩主圣手 甘心乐意随主行走
遇祸遇福 两般皆可 因有耶稣亲手领我(副歌)

4. 到时行完一世路程 靠托主恩完全得胜
死亡冷河我不怕过 因有耶稣亲手领我(副歌)

See you next post :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

有一次在青年组师母曾经领神的话,师母问到到底我们所羡慕的人是谁呢?我的答案
是我的表弟,保罗和你。在这种情况下,任何人都会问为什么我得到这种病呢。。。。
可是你仍然能够信靠主。这个是我需要学习的地方。感谢主。

Wendy :D

Anonymous said...

Dear David,

I hold my breath and my tear, listen to the melody, it sound like music from heaven. I do not know much about music but your play definately torching heart.

For the first time, you share the felling over the whole incident. It is definately very tough as we all know, and that's why all of us is praying so hard for you, morning and night.

We cry to Lord to bring David back to our church. A stronger and respectable leader to us.

We are doing the "Purpose driven life" in our cell group. I believe your have done so, but the 4th day's message is what i want to share with you:-

"We are created for eternity purpose"

warmest regards,
Grace

Anonymous said...

I have gone through the "Purpose Driven Life" too. It is incredible. Do you remember the spiritual high when you get in a spiritual camp. Well, reading the mentioned book has this effect. The other book which is just as spiritually uplifting is "Walking with Christ in every details of my life." It is written by the person who authored "Man in the mirror" if I am not mistaken.

Dennis Sek

David said...

Dear Wendy, 我也是充满缺点与软弱的人。主是我们的榜样。有一首诗歌这样写:I am weak, but Thou art strong
Jesus, keep me from all Wrong
I'll be satisfied As long,
As I walk, let me walk Close to Thee.

Dear Grace, I thank many of you who pray so hard for me. I believe these prayer support me a lot. I miss the church life so much. I will back to church very soon:-) I read it, this eternity is also my ultimate hope.

Dennis, I have not read the book. I will look for book when I have chance to go bookshop.