Thursday, August 17, 2006

Day +43

My Blood Count Today:
Red Blood Count (RBC) = 105(Normal 130-180)
Platelet = 146(Normal 150-150)
White Blood Count (WBC) = 8.6(Normal 4 - 11)
Absolute Neutrophil Count (ANC) = 7.052 (Normal 1.5 - 8.0)
Potassium = 3.9(Normal 3.5 - 5.2)
Magnesium = 0.53(Normal 0.65 - 1.05)

I am fine today. The white blood count and ANC is high due to growth factor injection on Monday. It will be interesting to know how much these values will drop on the next followup. The magnesium level is better than last followup which is only 0.47, so another magnesium infusion was given.

You might be wondering why I am so "贪吃"(gluttonous), never stop talking about food. Indeed I am the most gluttonous member in my family when I was small. We were so poor that we just could not afford to buy even sweets, not to say other more delicious food like biscuit or chocolate. I read something about chocolate in the story book while I was studying in primary school but just could not imagine how it looks like or tastes like. The only way I could get a chance to eat some delicious food was to visit other families in the "kampung"(village) frequently, hopefully they would share with me something nice to eat. At the end, I became the most gluttonous boy, not only in my family, but also in the "kampung".

But I think you are also gluttonous because you, like me, also never stop eating everyday. You work five days a week, but eat seven days a week. You tend to forget many thing but never forget eating. You may not be so punctual in many thing but always punctual in eating. When you want to have some reunion gathering with your friends, you always end up eating in restaurant.

Full moon, eat.
Birthday, eat.
Wedding, eat.
Aniversary, eat.
Valentine day, eat.
Gathering, eat.
Celebrations, eat.
Funeral, eat.
Eat, eat, eat..., from birth until the very last day in this world.
"民以食为天也!" (Eating is heaven)

Are you convinced now you are also gluttonous?

But Bible says, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God." Matthew 4:4

See you next post:-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear David,

You are healed in the name of Jesus.

Jesus = Jehovah saves.

I came from a prayer meeting, on my way home I was singing to the Lord. When I came home it came to my mind that I should seek information about Neutropenia. It was noticed few month ago I was in this condition. In google I typed neutropenia with Jesus. During the search I meet your Site.
I am here to encourage you in your faith. You are healed by your faith in Jesus, the Great physician of all time. I am praying for you.
Nestor, Canada

Anonymous said...

Dear David,
i agree on wat you say about eating.... everyday we non-stop eating... but sometimes we may tend to forget somethings..... i was amazed that you still have faith in God.... that is a good sign.. :D

Wendy Woo

Anonymous said...

Talk about eating.

Just last night, I though I prepared myself some "Maggi" mee. Yep, you guess it, my children ask me for some. So as any father would, I apportioned it out to them. Want to know how much left for myself? Not much, perhaps just one mouthful, so I went and prepare another one. How much do you think I ate from this second serving. Less that the first. My wife then out of pity for me, prepared me some noodles with fish ball, vegetable et al. By this time I could eat most of it myself! My son just ate too much.

Anonymous said...

Previous log was from me.

Dennis Sek

David said...

Dear Nestor,
I am very encouraged by your comment. And I believe God guided you to speak to me. I experienced God grace throughout the treatment and I do believe Jesus Heals. Thank you for praying for me. In Him we trust. God bless you.
David

Thank u, Wendy.

Dennis, in order to avoid the trouble, just cook 3 packs of "Maggie Mee" right from the beginning, then I am sure u will get at least one if your wife is not hungry:-)