Friday, August 04, 2006

Day +30

This morning I went to hospital to allow the nurse to draw my blood sample for VNTR and some other research. VNTR stands for Variable Number Tandem Repeats, it is used as DNA fringerprinting to uniquely indentify a person. Thefore, it can serves as a mean to determine if the stem cells from the donor is successfully engrafted.

I am now staying in an isolated room at home, a room smaller than the ward. My eldest sister who took half-paid leave to come here to take care of me is a very careful person. She cleaned every part of the room except the ceiling with antiseptic-germicide Dettol. When I came home from the hospital yesterday, she cleaned everything that we brought back from the hospital with Dettol. This includes the notebook computer, electric cables, guitar, electric kettle and even my cheque book. So when I received the cheque book from her, it is wet:-(

The toilet attached to the room which supposed to be shared with another room where my nephew stay is now monopolized by me. Pitty my nephew who needs to rush to the toilet upstair at midnight :-(

The setting in the room is very similar to the ward. It is equipped with air conditioner and air filter to reduce dust. I wear the same cloth that I wear in the ward - I do not wear hospital cloth in the ward. I also boil the water in the room using the filtered water that my wife passes to me. No one is allowed to enter the room unless the one who help to clean the room. My wife will pass me the meal, cloth and other stuffs through a partially opened door.

And now instead of talking through the glass, we have to talk through the wall:-)

See you next post:-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear David,

Have to talk through wall!? Ha ha ha....
No no no, talk through computer better.
Another option for people like us label with C (Christian), can talk 24hour per day through our prayer.
That is great!

Bye bye,

Kuok Chai

Anonymous said...

Dear David,

知道你回家了,替你高兴!不过原来你要如此清洁的环境才可以休养,我就有点担心了:虽说你有个仔细的姐姐,但人的仔细总有限,万一有些什么菌走进来,怎么办呢?

突然记起圣经的一句话,挺有意思:

* * *

求你洗涤我,我就比雪更白。

诗篇 51:7

Scrub me and I'll have a snow-white life.

Psalm 51:7

* * *

我深信,清清净净的主耶稣,自会大大地保守你──希望你下次不用收到湿淋淋的支票簿就好了!

以马内利。

Dawn : )

David said...

Yes, brother Kuok Chai, a video conferencing will even be better. I have one set in office, will ask my nephew to bring it to me:-)

Dawn, thank you for the bible verses. Trust God first, then ...

Hi Sandra my comrade, very happy to hear from you again. You post a very good question. See my reply in Day +31 post. Don't worry, I have plenty of thing to do in the room and I will gradually relax this isolation. Do you know, I am now preparing myself to join a classical guitar competition in China. The scope is one of Carcassi 25 Etudes. Cheers:) David