Sunday, August 20, 2006

Day +46

I am well today. I would like to continue my story :-)

After knowing I was admitted to SGH, my sister came back from Bintulu to Kuching on the next available flight, without attending the wedding banquet. She supposed to go sightseeing there for a few more days.

The doctor who examined me in the emergency ward asked me a lot of questions. All questions were related to my lifestyle and my family background. He then admitted me to the general ward. A "RIB"(Rest in Bed) sign was hung on my bed and I was advised not to leave my bed.

My brother-in-law who sent me to the hospital went home after he handled the admission procedure for me and I settled down in the ward. At 10:00pm, I felt I would like to pass urine. But I was not allowed to leave the bed, and I could not find the urine container underneath the bed either. Coincidently there was no nurse around at that time, so I tried to call the nurse, but unfortunately there was no nurse call system available. I really didn't know what to do.

Suddenly, my eldest sister appeared and I was so relieved. I thank God to bring her in just at the right time to help me, else I have to "tahan"(endure) don't know for how long.

On the night, I was also given platelet transfusion. After the transfusion, the urine was cleared of blood and my taste also restored. Before that, the water that I drank had a very funny taste.

The doctor told me that they were going to do a bone marrow aspiration (BMA) for me as soon as possible to determine the exact type of blood disease that I had. When I heard this, I was quite scared because I heard from my 2nd brother that this BMA is really painful. He was diagnosed with bacterial meningitis and was under very serious condition more than 10 years ago. We, together with many other Christians prayed for him very hard and eventually he was completely healed of the disease. Later I realized that he was actually having spinal fluid extraction, not BMA.

I did my first BMA on the morning of 29, November. The doctor put me to sleep first before doing the BMA, so it was not as painfully as I expected.

After I waked up, I saw my youngest brother together with my pastor at my bed side. They just arrived from Puchong to visit me.

See you next post"-)

No comments: