Saturday, August 05, 2006

Day +31

I am fine today and this is the first day I do not need to go to hospital.

While I was staying in the isolated ward doing the transplant, the BMT(bone marrow transplant) nurse introduced me a girl called Sandra. She had the same disease as me and also did her transplant at the same ward some years back, with the same team of haematologists(doctor who specializes in blood diseases) and BMT nurses. Before I met her, the nurses metioned her name a few times and praised her a "brave and strong" girl. Not long after the transplant, she further her dream in persuing her study in UK. We did have a short chat over the glass and she gave me some good advices.

She commented on my yesterday post about my self-imposed isolation at home. It seems to her that I isolated myself too much and she never "ill-treated" herself so severly while she was discharged after the transplant last time:-)

But I think the only way for me to conform to the guideline "avoid crowd and limit healthy visitors to a group of 2 to 4" is to temporarily isolate myself.

You see, I have one wife(I swear, only one:-)) and four children. The number of this immediate family member is qualified as a crowd already because they are more than 4. Apart from this, there are other residents in the house which include my mother-in-law, a maid and a nephew. On the weekend, another nephew will come to stay with us. This makes the total number of resident in my house equal to 8, which is quite a big crowd. Therefore I have to avoid this crowd by isolating myself.

Furthermore, the residents in my house are generous and united. If one of them is infected with flu, he or she will shares the flu generously with other residents in the house, one by one like a relay match. So the flu season will last quite a long time. Since they are now in this flu season, I have to isolate myself.

If I go out of my room now, my 2 years old daughter with running nose, will chase after me requesting me to hold her. And yet I am not allowed to run very fast now because my platelet is not fully recovered. So it is very likely that she will catches me after a few rounds of chasing. In order to void myself being catched by her, I have no choice but to isolate myself :-(

See you next post:-)

No comments: