Monday, December 13, 2010

Day +1621 : Holiday in Sarawak (7) - Church Service and a Wedding Dinner

I am fine today.

We attended the Sunday service at Nguong Tong (真元堂) yesterday morning. This is the church that we attended and served since we were young and before we left Bintangor to further our study West Malaysia.

A major portion of the service including the sermon was delivered using Foo Chow dialect.

"Boring, boring," Adriel complained, "only talking and singing!"

She must be comparing the adult Foo Chow service with the children service in our church.

Daniel played two Christmas songs in his first ever Saxophone presentation and my wife was requested to be pianist for the service.

My wife and I attended the wedding dinner of my cousin's (堂姐) daughter in the evening in Sibu. We met a lot of aunties and uncles who we didn't meet for so many years :-)

The choir of the church
Impromptu pianist
Rev. Wong is delivering sermon
Saxophone presentation - Daniel forgot to bring along the neck strap, so he has to use his lap to support the instrument
Wedding dinner was held in this restaurant
Right: My cousin's husband, my cousin, bridegroom, bride, my wife and David
Bride and bridegroom - Miss Margaret and Mr. Law Sie Soon
A photo with my uncle, my cousin's father - the eldest brother of my father
A group photo with my uncle
Our table - sisters and brothers
Uncles and aunties
The restaurant was fully packed
Something like Carlsberg
The dishes







To be continued and see you next post :-)

No comments: