Monday, December 06, 2010

Day +1614 : Holiday in Sarawak (1) - Back to Sibu

I am fine today.

We booked two taxi to KLIA this morning to catch the 8:50am flight to Sibu. The flight was so full that by the time we checked in, all seats were taken and thus all six of us were distributed to different rows. This means that we have to leave Aaron and Adriel to sit alone :-(

The MAS staff at the boarding gate helped to arrange Aaron to seat with my wife and told us that that was the best he could do. There is no problem for Daniel and Joseph to sit alone but not Adriel. I decided to exchange the seat with a passenger either next to me or Adriel so that we can sit together.

I let Adriel to sit at her place alone first and then settle down on my own seat. A Japanese came later and I requested to exchange seat with him.

"Would you like to seat at 18B? My daughter is sitting there alone," I requested.

"I prefer to seat here," he answered. He settled down on his seat near the window.

An Iban came. I chatted with him for while and I made the same request. He agreed. I led him to Adriel's seat and then brought her to sit with me.

When the Japanese saw that it was Adriel - a little girl - he was embarrassed.

"I thought you were mentioning doctor," he said. He must be thinking why should I have to exchange seat with a doctor? If he knew that it was a little girl, he would most likely agree to change the seat.

"What did you eat, Joseph?" We asked Joseph when we reached Sibu airport.

"I didn't eat," he replied.

"Why?"

"I don't want to pay," he answered.

He thought that he needed to pay for the meal provided and thus declined it :-(

When we told him that MAS served meal free of charge, he almost cried:-( Anyway, we quickly comfort him with some chocolates from the flight and fortunately this was sufficient to make him felt a little bit better :-)

Playful children at KLIA
The plan we boarded
Waiting for flight
Meal
Adriel enjoying the drink





We were served with chicken soup for lunch
Hong Fu Restaurant - a restaurant where I packed crab and prawn for dinner
Very popular - 4 shop lots fully packed with diners
Not only that - corridor stretching across 9 shop lots was fully packed as well
Prawns - RM30
Crabs - 2kg. RM19/kg

To be continued and see you next post :-)

1 comment:

Jici said...

Haha...cute answerings of Joseph.