Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Day +910 : What I did the last day of the year?

I am fine today.

When I went to see a dentist and got a molar tooth extracted about two months ago, the dentist asked to come back later to do the dental filling of two decay teeth.

I went back to the clinic to do the dental filling this morning. The doctor suggested to have local anaesthetic injection to reduce the pain as the decay ran very deep into the teeth, approaching the nerve.

The dentist gave me the injection at about 10:00am and while waiting for the injection area to get numb, he went to attend another patient for about 20 minutes in the next room.

After that, he came back to do the dental filling for me. The decay ran too deep that even with local anaesthesia, I could still feel the pain. The dentist found out that the decay of one of the teeth had spread to another tooth. So he needed to do filling for three teeth instead of two.

The decay site of another tooth was so near to an old filling site that the dentist needed to remove the old dental filling and fused the two sites together for an effective filling. This created a very big “hole” which he himself didn’t expect initially. Even though he didn’t mention it, I could guess based on his body language as he kept shaking his head.

Worst still, the first attempt to fill the big hole failed. The filling dropped off half way. So the dentist had to repeat the process all over again. This made the whole process lasted for one and half hour – the longest dental procedure I ever had.

The dentist gave me pain killer just in case I experienced pain after the treatment. Fortunately, I feel no pain at all after the treatment.

At night, I brought my family for a thanksgiving and watch night service in the church.

This is my 366th blog entry and also the last post of Year 2008 :-) I thank God for blessing me a healthy, joyful and prosperous year :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: