Sunday, December 21, 2008

Day +900 : Giving a sermon

I am fine today.

I thank God for blessing me to be strong enough to deliver a sermon today in our church – the first ever sermon post bone marrow transplant :-)

It took me quite a long time to figure out the content of the sermon. I started to write the sermon on Friday and finished three pages. But on Sunday morning, I noticed that whatever I wrote on Friday was out of topic :-(

I decided to start all over again on Saturday morning and managed to write down sermon completely at about 8:00pm. It took me at least another three hours to make minor modification and to do rehearsal. After my wife came back from the potluck dinner, I read the sermon out aloud a few times for her to comment so that improvement could be made.

Preparing and giving sermon is quite a challenging task, at least to me. However, I felt very blessed to be able to participate in this ministry. I am very thankful that God sustain my life, and as long as I live, I will accept all invitations to share my experience and gospel.

I have to speak again on the coming Christmas night in another church. I pray that whatever I speak will benefit the audience and glorify God.

It is a pity that the recording for today’s sermon was having some problem; only the first 7 minutes was recorded. Else I would be able to post it here for you to listen.

Pictures taken while I was giving the sermon :-)

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi david,

hope you would post your sermon notes or provide a link. Would love to read your sermon.

Deming

David said...

Hi Deming, I might be able to get back the full record. I will check the church computer which did the record coming Sunday. David