Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Day +882 : What a blunder!

I am fine today.

I reached ophthalmology clinic in UH as early as 7:30pm this morning. Since it was quite early, I got queue number 13.

When it was my turn to register at the registration counter, the staff pointed out that my appointment was in fact on 17/10/08, not today :-( So I missed the appointment by almost 7 weeks. I was asked to book another appointment and the earliest that I can get is on the 19/1/09.

The reason that I missed the last appointment is that I misread the date on the appointment card. There are two fields on the card for each appointment; duration for next appointment and the appointment date. For the duration of next appointment, doctor would write the number of weeks or months for the next follow-up. For example, if my next appointment is 6 weeks later, doctor would write 6/52, but if it is 3 months later, he or she would write 3/12. When we bring the card to the appointment counter, the actual appointment date will then be calculated and written on the card.

My mistake was to take 3/12 as my appointment date :-( This is the first time that I missed a medical appointment. Never mind, my eyes are still functioning very well despite the dryness :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: