Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Day +902 : A single stroke drawing came to my rescue

I am fine today.

My daughter Adriel likes to draw very much. She would request for paper and pencil from me almost every night and then start to draw.

Most of the time she draws alone, but when she encounters something she can’t draw, she would request me to draw for her. For a person that failed art subject in LCE exam, drawing is too challenging for me.

A few days ago, she forced me to draw a horse. At that time I was busy preparing a sermon and I promised her I would draw her a horse after Sunday service.

She remembered my promise very well and forced me to draw the horse on Sunday. So I have no choice but to draw for her the horse. Now the problem came. I didn’t know how to draw at all.

I surfed the internet to see if I could find some quick technique to get the drawing done but all those horse drawing tutorials on the internet, though very clear and detail, are still beyond my capability to master.

Out of desperation, I suddenly remembered a book that I purchased long time ago on animal drawings with a single stroke. It was very fortunate that there are two pages on horse drawing.
And this single stroke drawing book guided me to complete drawing a horse at last. What a relief!

I post a picture of the horse for your reference. The book contains the drawing of many other animals, all drawn using single stroke only. If you are interested, let me know what animal you want to draw. I will scan it for you if it is available in the book.

This is how the horse is drawn. Click to get a larger view.See you next post :-)

No comments: