Thursday, January 01, 2009

Day +911: Watch night and thanksgiving service

I am fine today.

First of all, I would like to wish everyone a healthy, prosperous and joyful year 2009.

The watch night and thanksgiving service started at 9:30pm last night and ended 2:00am this morning.

There were about 30 church members attended the service. Everyone was given a chance to share how the faithful God bless them in year 2009.

As for me, I had the following to thank God:

  1. I am still alive! I appreciate and enjoy my life very well.
  2. See my children grow up, especially Aaron. He was about 5 months in my wife’s womb when I was diagnosed with Leukaemia and now he is a very active and interesting boy.
  3. I was only hospitalized for 8 days this year. Compared to 150 days hospitalization over a period of 9 months from the end of 2005 to August 2006, I have no reason for not praising the Lord for this short stay in the hospital :-)
  4. I have a good wife :-)  I will talk later how good she is :-)
  5. I have a good family. My brothers and sisters are still very concern about my heath. When someone went back to Sarawak, they always ask them to bring chickens, fruits and many other things to me :-) I have a brother who never stops calling me from Sarawak in every one or two week time to see if I am fine. Though the call was very short, usually done in less than one minute, the concern was great.
  6. It is a prosperous and abundant year :-)
  7. I enjoyed many good foods this year.
  8. I am able to serve Lord.   
  9. I have many good brothers and sisters in Christ.
  10. I have many good friends like you :-)
Praise and wordship
Part of the attendees, singing with a thankful heart
Let me tell you how God change me
Another member is sharing
Let's have some drink and soup 
Some children fell asleep and Adriel was one of them

See you next post :-)

No comments: