Sunday, January 25, 2009

Day +935 : Chinese New Year Eve

I am fine today.

Today is Chinese New Year Eve, we are busy cooking again. 

After coming back from church at about 12:00pm, we started to prepare dishes for tonight's new year dinner.

We had a combined dinner with my sister family again this year. My wife and I prepared 4 dishes for the dinner - sea cucumber soup, seafood beancurd, fried Mee Hoon and fried prawn.

Three years ago, I spent my Chinese New Year in the hospital. I was doing my second round of chemotherapy at that time. I am very happy and feel so blessed  to be able to celeberate Chinese New Year with my family. 

Busy preparing seafood beancurd
Nicely mixed ingredient, ready to be steamed
Homemade Cha Xiu sauce - to marinate the pork for one night before roasting. This is the first time ever we try to roast pork (叉烧肉). To roast tomorrow :-)
Marinated pork. To keep in the refrigerator for one night
Fried Mee Hoon
The ready-to-serve special seafood bean curd
Fried prawn. These prawns were brought back by Richard from Tawau, Sabah during his last business trip. 
Sea cucumber soup
The following dishes were prepared by my sister.

Chicken soup
Steamed fish
Herbal chicken
Roasted chicken
Fried meat
Bean curd and fish cake roll
Assorted fish balls and fish cakes
Mixed vegetables
Spring toss
Longan
Before the dinner
Singing "I've got peace like a River" before the dinner
Singing
It's time to eat
Getting the foods
My wife and Aaron
Hannah (my sister's youngest daughter) and Adriel
Joseph
Daniel
My mother-in-law
Timothy(my sister's eldest son) and Elisha (my sister's second daughter)
Evian(Nga Ming's friend), Hui Na (my third sister's daughter), Nga Ming (my second sister's daughter)
Nga Ming
Zhi Yong (my third sister's son)
Group photo 
Naughty Aaron disturbing Adriel, making her breathless
Not forgetting my sister's family poweful dog, Esther.  I say her "powerful" because her eyes are "shining" :-)
See you next post :-)

No comments: