Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Day +917 : The game continues

I am fine today.

I am continuing my conversation with Anthony, the internet domain name scammer that tried to cheat me as I blogged on Day +912 : I am a target of internet domain name scam.

Even though I exposed his trick, he still carries on his game without shame. This is exactly like the telephone scam that I blogged on the following blog entries:

Day +441 : Scam the scammer - Life recording (1)
Day +442 : Scam the scammer - Life recording (2)
Day +443 : Scam the scammer - Life Recording (3)
Day +450 : Scam the scammer - Life Recordings (4)

These scammers would never give up.

I wrote to Anthony after receiving the invoice.

Dear Anthony, 

My audit department found out that this whole thing is a scam. The company is going to fire me because of this. 

You cause me to lost my job and lucrative income. You owe me an explanation.

Regards,
David

He replied with the following email, tried to convince me that I misunderstood him:-)

Dear David,

I apologize for the delay, I have been away on a family matter. I was surprised to receive your reply. I think you were some misunderstanding.

However, domain names registration is open(first register,first obtain). These domain names are available and in the unsafe situation, so as an organization of domain names solutions, we suggest that you’d better go ahead to register these domain names to protect, so that it can prevent them from being registered and used. About the register term,you can choose from 5 years to 10 years. You can choose domains you need. If you do need these domain names,please fill in the application form and send it back to us. Then we will register these domain names for you according to the information in the form. Thank you for your cooperation.

Kind Regards,
Anthony Chen

I replied:

Dear Anthony,

Can you please convince my management that this is not a scam and I did no wrong? There are plenty of information on the internet with very strong reasons that this whole thing is a scam.

Just quote one that is forwarded to me from the audit department:

There is no such a thing as a registrar contacting a company because a third party was trying to register a similar domain name. Chinese domain name can be registered both in China and overseas and immediately, provided that they are available at the very moment the search is conducted. On the other hand a domain name doesn’t automatically make a trademark owner unless related to a brand which has been properly registered with the country’s relevant organizations, and in which case the trademark would apply solely to that specific country.

This is very true. Based on my experience, as long as the domain name is available at the point of search, anyone can register for it. And there is no such thing as internet keyword search registration.

I am now quite convinced that this is a scam and I believe this should be quite a lucrative business. Should my company fire me, can you please accept me into your group? I think I am more capable in convincing people over here.

Thanks.
David

And I get the following reply.

Dear David,

It is too shy to bother you again. Do you mean that you want to give up the registration? If so, we will sign the registration agreement with the third party. Hope you can understand! If you have any questions,contact me freely.

Kind Regards,
Anthony Chen

Back to square one, pretending he is not longer a scammer  :-)

Dear Anthony,

Please hold on. Let us consider first.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
David

And the reply is:

Dear David,

Thanks for your reply. I can understand you. We can reserve them for your company until Jan 11. Hope you can confirm the matter with your relevant department and give me a reply soon,Thanks for your cooperation.

Kind Regards, 
Anthony Chen

I will stop wasting time to play with these scammers further.

See you next post :-)

No comments: