Friday, November 28, 2008

Day +877 : Spider crab

I am fine today.

I have a dinner with our Hong Kong visitors today in Restoran King Crab at Taman Mewah Jaya, opposite the Kelana Jaya LRT station. This is my first time visiting the restaurant and prior to this, I don’t even know the existence of the restaurant :-)

We came to this restaurant upon suggestion from some of our Hong Kong friends and with this, I must admit that they are better diners than me, and perhaps many of you. This is because they know better where to dine than most of us even they are from Hong Kong.

The main dish that we ordered tonight is spider crab. This is my first time ever eating this type of crab. It is very meaty and delicious, but very expensive, at least to most of us I guess. It carries a price tag of RM268 per kg :-) The crab (one only) that we ate weighted more than 2kg and I found out later that it cost about RM680 :-)

Together with other dishes, the total cost of the meal is about RM1200. So this is the most expensive meal that I ever eat in my life. One of our Hong Kong friends paid the bill :-)

If you have too much money and don’t know how to spend it, this restaurant might be the right place to solve your problem. But before going there, don’t forget me, I shall be the first to offer help :-)

The restaurant with pictures of spider crab
The tissue Titbit
Happy diners :-) The spider crab (half) - sweet and sour flavourZoom in view Bun to eat with the gravy Another half - fried with salted egg Zoom in view Crab pincer - very big. I ate this one :-) Tools to eat the crab. Dare not use my teeth to bite again. Prawns Steamed fish Fried chicken Fried onion bean curd Beans The soup Fruits The live spider crab in the aquarium Abalone - about RM400/kg Australian lobster, RM368/kg See you next post :-)

No comments: