Sunday, November 02, 2008

Day +851 : Three more home-cooked delicacies

I am fine today.

Daniel told my wife that he wanted to eat Wat Tan Hor (滑蛋河) at Grill King. Even though the dish there is very big but it is still a little bit too costly to visit the restaurant often. So I decided to cook it myself yesterday:-)

This is the second time I cooked Wat Tan Hor. I cooked this dish first time while I was having holiday with my family at my home village last year. It was sometimes quite a challenge to find all ingredients needed to prepare a dish over there. For instance, I failed to buy squid, an important ingredient for Wat Tan Hor, over there. So I had to do without it.

Fortunately, it is very easy to get all the necessary ingredients here. So this time I followed the recipe completely, and on top of that, I also added some fish cakes :-)

Daniel said that this was the best Wat Tan Hor that he ever eat, and not only him, my niece Nga Ming also said the same :-) Of course, I was also very satisfied with the dish :-)

Apart from Wat Tan Hor, my wife also cooked rendang lamb shoulder yesterday, a very delicious dish :-) And not only this, our maid also prepared the garlic bread as breakfast this morning.

Wat Tan Hor for lunch - 1.4kg Ipoh Hor Fen fully consumed by 11 adults and children
A zoom in view

Rendang lamb shoulder for dinner
A zoom in view
Garlic bread, very easy to prepare
A zoom in view, simple version without any spices. Just spread it with chopped garlic and margarine
See you next post :-)

No comments: