Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Day +854 : The cost of gluttony – losing a molar tooth :-( (2)

I am fine today. Continue from yesterday…

The extraction of the damaged molar tooth was very smooth. Since the molar tooth is big, it leaves a very big socket behind. The doctor said that bleeding would stop within one hour time but in my case, the bleeding continues until 2:30am in the morning.

As the tooth was extracted at 5:30pm, so the bleeding only stopped after 9 hours after the extraction, and within this period of time, I couldn’t do anything; just lying on the bed, biting a gauge firmly against the empty tooth socket, hoping that the bleeding would stop the next hour. No dinner, didn’t take bath, and even missed the evening medication :-(

The dentist told me that the tooth was dead, else judging from the condition of the tooth, I should feel extreme pain :-) However, if the tooth was not extracted, it might come to a stage which I can feel the pain. And apart from pain, I might get infection as well.

To put it in positive way, this is the right time that the tooth has to be extracted to prevent complication later. Without eating the Dazha crab, I would not know that the tooth needs to be extracted. In other words, we can say that the Dazha crab helped me to know that it is the right time to extract the tooth. So I don’t have to be sorry to be gluttonous :-)

I thank God that the bleeding stopped eventually and also thank the church members who prayed for me.

See you next post :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is molar tooth means 门牙?
我很怕拔牙!

QiSheng

David said...

我拔的应该是第二小臼齒。比门牙大。但不用怕,没有痛 :-)

Pure Faith said...

i lost my filing on my 2nd molar few mths ago, never got the time & kept pushing off the trip to the dentist.

two thurs ago (30/10) morning, suffered terrible pain, went to dentist - she adv tooth is infected & needed to do root canal or extraction. not knowing what is root canal, i opted for re-filling, though she did adv it's not a good option as sealing the tooth may cause pressure build-up...

how true as i was in much more pain during the nite.. hoping it would subside by the next day - nope, it continued, so told dentist to do the root canal in the evening...

no pain, no pain.....

but infection has set in & my fever continued till wed (5/11)

but now, i'm ok.....

David said...

Infection is the main thing that I worried about. If I was infected, I had to spend a least a week in the hospital.

I am very glad to hear that you are fine now.