Monday, November 17, 2008

Day +866 : My wife’s annual eye follow-up

I am fine today.

I fetched my wife to do her annual eye examination follow-up in Optimax Headquarters at Wisma AHP, TDDI, Kuala Lumpur. I thought I knew the place but it took us quite some time to find it as I made many mistakes along the way. Fortunately, we managed to reach there on time despite the mistakes.

My wife did her LASIK operation for both eyes on December, 2002 with a discounted rate of RM3600. Even though she had short sightedness with a power as high as 900 degree, she didn’t have to wear spectacles after the treatment until now :-) I believe doing away with spectacles should be a tremendous relief to her.

Today’s follow-up revealed that the power of short sightedness of one her eyes increased quite rapidly, from 25 degree to 100 degree, while the power of short sightedness of the other eye remains 25 degree. However, no more further laser treatment can be done as her cornea is not thick enough for such correction procedure. Should her cornea is thick enough, Optimax will perform the treatment free of charge.

Coincidently, my brother, Richard did his laser correction treatment this afternoon in the same centre. So I fetched him home after the procedure. Richard did the LASIK operation on the same day with my wife in year 2002.

LASIK is an abbreviated term for "Laser Assisted In situ Keratomileusis". It is a safe and effective treatment that corrects vision by reshaping the cornea through laser beam.

If you find spectacles too disturbing to you, I would recommend you to go LASIK. It is definitely worth the money :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: