Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Day +861 : Back to work, half day only :-)

I am fine today.

I went back to work in the morning as I am feeling better today. Despite the improved feeling, I am still having quite heavy cough and in addition to this, the wheezing sound from the left lung can still be heard.

I was determined to see a doctor this morning to check the condition of my lung. However, I was quite undecided which doctor to see initially; the hematologist in UH or our family doctor nearby. Of course the best thing is to see the hematologists in UH as they know my condition best, but it would take me at least half a day to see them. In the end I went to see my family doctor on the way to office. Should my condition fails to improve after seeing the family doctor, I will see the hematologist.

The doctor prescribed me a stronger antibiotic – a 5 days course Clarithromycin 500mg – which is used to cure the lung infection, preventing it from transforming into pneumonia. Apart from this, I was also prescribed with cough syrup, flu and anti-phlegm tablets.

I did tell the doctor that I am already taking Penicillin and Bactrin. However, he advised me to continue taking them while taking Clarithromycin. It is because the Penicillin and Bactrin dosage that I am taking are minimal.

I also asked the doctor to do a full blood count for me to make sure that my blood is normal. The result of the blood test will only be known tomorrow.

See you next post :-)

No comments: