Saturday, November 15, 2008

Day +864 : Penang Fried Kuey Teow and Braised Duck with Yam

I am fine today.

I am still having some coughing and wheezing sound from left lung today, but my condition is well enough to introduce to you two dishes that I cooked last Saturday :-)

My eldest son, Daniel, likes to eat Penang Fried Kuey Teow very much. Quite often, he requested my wife to order the dish for him on the way back from school.

In order to satisfy his appetite for this dish, I prepared the dish for him :-)

Daniel said it tasted very nice and it would taste even better if I added Chinese sausage
A zoom in view
Apart from the fried Kuey Teow, I also cooked a dish called braised duck with yam (芋头焖鸭). It was prepared based on a recipe in a new cookbook that I purchased a day earlier.

The dish

The cookbook - Hawker Secret Recipie (杂饭档). It comes with over 70 recipies that are simple to prepare. See you next post :-)

No comments: