Thursday, April 24, 2008

Day +659 : Samuel is back to Kuching

I am fine today.

Samuel goes back to Kuching today – Day +27 after bone marrow transplant. He was discharged many days ago. Compared to me, he recovers extremely fast. I was still in the ward on Day +27.

Our actual age differ by about 15 years, but based on the transplant age, I am only 632 (659-27) days older than him :-) This is equivalent to an age difference of approximately 21 months. So now I am his brother instead of uncle :-)

By God grace, the transplant was successful and he did well throughout the transplant procedure. There is no sign of graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) yet, but the symptoms could show up any time. I had GVHD 6 months after the transplant, and until now still taking medication to control it.

He will be receiving outpatient treatment for a short period of time in Kuching before returning to his home in Miri.

The last post that I talked about him can be found here : Day +644 : Visiting Samuel.

Let us continue to pray for him to be completely cured from the disease.

May God bless Samuel and his family abundantly!

See you next post :-)

No comments: