Saturday, April 05, 2008

Day +640 : The more you buy, the cheaper it is

I am fine today.

My wife reminded me a few weeks ago that the curtain was very old and it was about time to replace it.

Her suggestion brought tremendous amount of pressure to me as choosing the right curtain is definitely not my cup of tea. I wish I could authorize her to handle this project completely but she respected me so much that she insisted that I have to handle this.

We found out a few days ago that Jusco was having sales that include curtain as well. In order to make the difficult task simple, we decided we should just purchase the ready-made curtain.

After calculating the total amount of curtain that we need, we made the purchase this morning. Our maid helped to replace them and the project was considered done. What a relief!

We need a total of 7 sets of curtain with a total cost of RM677.90 after discount but if we add another set of curtain to make a total of 8 sets, it cost us only RM661, a RM16.9 cheaper :-)

The more I buy, the cheaper it is. The reason behind this is that the customers will get 50% discount for every 4 sets of curtain that they purchase, else they will get 30% discount only. Getting the additional 20% discount by adding in another set of curtain bring down the cost significantly resulting in a scenario that 8 sets of curtain is cheaper than 7 sets of curtain :-)

Design one for the first floor

Design two for the ground floor
Adriel and Aaron taking a photo in front of the new curtain
See you next post :-)

No comments: