Saturday, April 19, 2008

Day +653 : Back from KL (3)

I am fine today. Continue from Day +651…

“Can you wear your shoes?” the security said while I was registering to enter the Petronas premises to visit my former colleagues.

It was definitely not a problem to satisfy the guard's requirement if I was bringing along my shoes, but unfortunately this was not the case.

What could I do? I was thinking of calling Ahmad Kendong and told him, “Ahmad, I am just about to meet you, but I don’t have shoes, can you please send me a pair of shoes?” If Ahmad didn't have extra shoes, he could borrow them from his colleagues temporarily, just to get me into the office. And once I was in the office, I could wear back my sandal happily and return the shoes to his colleagues :-)

James came to the rescue while I was pondering how I should handle this situation. “I have safety boots and shoes in my car, see if they can fit you,” What a relief!

In the end I managed to complete the visit with the following shoes without bothering Ahmad :-) It fit me perfectly :-)


After the visit, I have the following Fried Cooked Mee for lunch (炒煮面). Before I left for the airport, Dr. Choo brought me to a restaurant called “Kuai Ke Li” (快可利) for the Yam Mee shown below. This dish was very unique, and this was my fourth dish of noodles of the day. I had Kampua Mee for the breakfast, Fried Cook Mee for the lunch and a bowl of instant Baku Teh(肉骨茶) flavoured noodle cooked by James for afternoon tea before enjoying this final dish of the day :-) However, I should not feel too guilty about eating too much noodles. James took 3 plates of Kampua Mee; two for breakfast and one for lunch :-)
The restaurant is owned by a friend from Bintangor – the middle one. So we had the meal for free :-)
James packed 20 plates of Kampua Mee for me to bring back to KL :-)
Apart from Kampua Mee, James also packed a big chicken and some fishes for me to bring back to KL. The following fish was fished by James’ friend, so it is very fresh.
The airline does not allow passenger to check in baggage that contain frozen food.

“What is inside the box?” the airline staff asked.

“Fruits,” I answered; exactly what James taught me earlier :-) If I told them the truth, the staff would decline the baggage.

I must admit that I did a little bit of cheating here :-( However, if I were cunning, I could argue that my answer was correct because those frozen foods were the "fruit (成果)" of my visit to Miri :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: