Thursday, April 03, 2008

Day +638 : Monopoly is costly

I am fine today.

I mentioned yesterday that I will be going to Miri from Bintangor by bus on the 14 April. When my wife’s brother-in-law, James, who is staying in Miri know about this, he warned me that traveling by bus from Bintangor to Miri will take at least 8 hours :-)

This scared me, so I changed my mind and purchased an air ticket online through http://www.maswings.com.my/ as recommended by James.

As my brother Richard is going to Kuching at 8:30am on 13 April, I chose a flight that departs from Sibu at 9:05am. This allow us to go Sibu airport together, thus saving some cost :-) This also mean that I will be in Miri one day earlier.

The one-way ticket from Sibu to Miri cost RM155, a RM6.2 more expensive than the total airfare for my Sibu-KL and Miri-KL flight :-(

Can’t be help, apart from Malaysia Airlines, there is no alternative.

Without alternative is very costly. This apply to the politics as well. We are now very fortunate to have an alternative political alliance called Barisan Rakyat operating in Malaysia to break the monopoly of Barisan Nasional. Hopefully, this will reduce the cost of many things :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: