Thursday, April 17, 2008

Day +652 : Happy birthday to mother-in-law

I am fine today.

We celebrated my mother-in-law 73 years old birthday last night.

Her actual birthday should be on last Tuesday, but due to some confusion, we forgot about it :-( Even though the birth date on her identity card is 3rd March, my mother-in-law insisted that we should follow Chinese calendar instead of Gregorian calendar. This means that there is no way for me to setup a reminder for this occasion in my electronic Gregorian calendar such as Outlook Calendar or Google Calendar.

In order to avoid repeating the same negligence, I marked my Google Calendar with the following:


I will receive reminder through both SMS and email annually forever because I set this event as a repeating event without ending date :-) For your information, the reminder through SMS is free of charge. It is very useful. If you need to remember something forever, try Google Calendar :-)

We had dinner at Taiping Lang Restaurant in Puchong. I am expecting Chinese food, but the dishes are more or less like Nonya food. If you want to find out more about the restaurant and its food, visit http://joanchew_1911.blogspot.com/2006/09/grandma-dishes-taiping-lang-photos_18.html. We ordered a lot more dishes that the one shown in the link, but I was too busy to take photo. The cake
Aaron and Adriel were so happy with the cakeMother-in-law blowing the candle. One candle only :-) A family photo
May God bless my mother-in-law to be healthy and happy all the time.

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

好溫馨啊﹗用心良苦﹗農曆真的可以相差很多日子的啊﹗,祝福你們一家更蒙主的恩惠﹗

David said...

謝謝您的祝福。