Friday, April 11, 2008

Day +646 : An extra large T-shirt (2)

I am fine today. Continue from yesterday...

On way to make the T-shirt fit me nicely is to “grow” myself to become extra large. I should eat a lot, and eat frequently, and eat fatty food, and should not exercise and … After sometime, my body will “grow” extra large until the T-shirt fit me perfectly.

But doing this:
  • I will destroy my health.

  • I will lose my happiness because eating too much is definitely very uncomfortable.

  • I won’t be able to wear all existing clothes, except this new extra large T-shirt.
In the end, I will be an unhappy man wearing this extra large T-shirt - a man who loses many things for a small gain :-) This is exactly what a Chinese proverb said, 人心不足蛇吞象(People can be as greedy as a snake trying to swallow an elephant).

In contrast, if I give this extra large T-shirt to an extra large person, then I won’t have all the trouble that I mentioned above. The one who receive the T-shirt will be happy too but I will be even happier than him/her, and happiness brings good health, and …

“It is more blessed to give than to receive,” the Bible says. This is very true. I see many who share generously receiving tremendous blessing from God. They become happier, richer and earning respect and trust from people surrounding them.

The XL TechEd SEA 2008 Limited Edition T-shirt. Even though the organizer offer to replace it with a smaller size one, but I decided to give it away to someone with the "capital(本钱)" to wear it :-)
See you next post :-)

No comments: