Thursday, January 24, 2008

Day +568 : Pulau Ketam Trip (2)

I am fine today. Continue from yesterday...

The restaurant's poster
The restaurant that we had our lunch

The package, we took the RM160 set lunch for 8-10 person. As our group consisted of 12 adult and 4 children. We side ordered another 2.5kg of crab. So we consumed more than 4 kg of crab :-)
William was in charge of choosing the crab.
Press here, the harder the better. This was the first time I saw people choosing crab this way :-)
Bamboo shell
Black pepper crab
Prawn
Fried sotong (squid)
Fish ball soup
Steam fish
Vegetable

Fried Mee Hoon with crab (side order)
Sweet sour crab
The dishes were not very delicious. Even though the crabs were alive when we chose them, my wife and I "stumbled across" some crabs which tasted bitter. We suspected they swapped (掉包) the alive crabs with the dead one in the kitchen :-(

Giant bamboo shell available for sale on the street. First time I ever see such large bamboo shell. I purchased 4kg - 2kg for myself and another 2kg for my brother Richard.
After cleaning - 2kg became 1kg
A zoom in view of the flesh of the giant bamboo shell. Like giant earthworm, dare to eat? See you next post :-)

No comments: