Thursday, January 03, 2008

Day +547 : Why I am fine everyday?

I am fine today.

Two indispensable items that I need to bring along with me everywhere I go are drinking water and “tear”. In addition to liver, skin and mouth, my saliva and tear glands are affected by graft-versus-host-disease(GVHD). This results in dry eyes and mouth. Without the water, my mouth will get jammed while eating or talking, and without the “tear”, I simply could not see. Therefore, while every one of you are enjoying the natural lubricant – saliva and tear – produced naturally and automatically by your body, I have to bring them with me.

Someone might say that with this type of imperfectness, why I still claim that “I am fine today” everyday. Not only this, “I am fine” every day - from the beginning until know, even when I was doing the bone marrow transplant in the isolated room.

Fine or not fine is simply a matter of how we interpret our situation. If we choose to see our situation negatively, some very minor glitches will cause us “not fine”. On the other hand, if we choose to be positive, we can still be fine even in very difficult circumstances.

Back to the saliva and tear problem, how should I think of it positively? When I focus on those million processes that are running perfectly within my body, I am glad and happy. Among million processes, only two are not fine. So there is no reason for me to be sad :-)

Many people are unhappy because they focus too much on their own or other people’s weaknesses. This is especially true in husband and wife relationship. As I wrote in my blog Day +284: Love, the greatest give of all, it is very easy for those who are dating to love each other because at this time, they are contracted a ‘disease’ which causes them ‘ugly-blind’ – losing the ability to see the ugly side of the partner :-) But once they get married, they will gradually be cured of the ‘ugly-blind’ disease and slowly contracted another disease which causes them ‘beauty-blind’ – losing the ability to see the beautiful side of the partner. Unable to see the beauty and focusing only on the ugly will eventually lead to bitterness and even broken marriage.

Start to see thing positively to have a happy life :-)

I have to thank God that not a day I am not fine :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: