Saturday, January 12, 2008

Day +556 : Holiday – friends everywhere (1)

I am fine.

I came across a type of fruit called “Galak fruit” in the Sibu central market as shown in the photo below.
As a gluttonous person, I would not want to miss the chance trying the fruit. I requested a Galak fruit from one of the hawkers before deciding whether to buy more.

When my wife and I were studying how we should eat the fruit, a gentleman approached us and suggested to us many ways we could “tackle” the fruit. According to him, the best way to consume the fruit is to soak it in warm water, and then remove the seed, fill the fruit with soya sauce and fried ground nut just before eating it.

Not long later, another guy popped up and taught us another way to consume the fruit. He said we should hit the fruit using a stick until it became very soft, dip it in the warm water and then eat with soya sauce.

They also told me how natural and nutritious this fruit is and it is way better and cheaper than the local olive. When I wanted to purchase the fruit, they even helped me to choose the best one – the one from the mountain :-) Unfortunately, before I got a chance to eat the fruits, they were all rotten :-(

I really appreciate their kindness for teaching me how to handle the fruit.

A photo with the 2 interesting gentlemen.
See you next post :-)

No comments: