Sunday, January 13, 2008

Day +557 : Holiday – friends everywhere (2)

I am fine today.

I met a pineapple seller outside the Sibu central market who sold his pineapple at a very cheap price. While the hawkers in the central market was selling more than RM4 a piece, he was selling at RM2.5 only. He told me he was not supposed to sell the pineapple by himself, but the hawkers there “bullied” him by offering a very low price – 50 cents per piece only. Therefore, he had no choice but to sell the fruits by himself, of course at a much lower price.

He was very happy when I suggested taking a photo with him.

“My name is Abang Omar. Come to visit me again and pass me the photo if you can,” he said before I left.

Big and sweet Sarawak pineapple selling at RM2.50 per fruit only :-)
A photo with Abang Omar
See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ya, Sarawak pineapple sweet and tasty!

David said...

Not only that, it is cheap too :-)