Saturday, January 05, 2008

Day +549 : Foochow fried Ba Gui (白粿)

I am fine today.

My wife and I fried Ba Gui for the cell group tonight. We used to prepare this dish in the kampong during Chinese New Year. When I went back for holiday last December, I got some tips on how this dish should be made. So we tried it out today.

It is very easy to make Ba Gui. Just mix the general purpose flour with water and knead it into dough. Then divide the dough into a few flat strips and boil them in water until they cook.

The cooked flat strips Cut them into pieces.
The Bai Guo pieces ready to be cooked
Clams in soya sauce - ingredient which forms the main taste of the fried Bai Guo. It is manufactured somewhere at Old Klang road, but it is very strange that I could not find it anywhere here. I brought a few cans from Sarawak.
The read-to-serve Bai Guo
See you next post :-)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

....try adding leek and egg.

David said...

Totally agree. That would make it similar to fried 猪肠粉 here :-)