Thursday, January 17, 2008

Day +561: They are there by themselves :-)

I am fine today.

When I was in the kampong during the last vacation, I saw a big almost ripe pineapple growing besides the house.

“Who planted this?” I asked.

“Nobody,” my sister-in-law answered.

I believe someone just threw the pineapple crown (leafy top) through the window after eating the fruit, and the crown grew up and bore a big pineapple by itself :-)

Apart from this, I could see a lot of tapioca trees scattered around the house. Nobody seems to be interested to harvest and eat them.

The kampong is blessed with abundant supply of natural food; some of them we don’t even have to grow. They are just here by themselves :-)

With this, I never have to worry I don’t have enough money to buy food. Just go back to live in the kampong if necessary; we really don’t need much money to survive there :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: