Friday, January 11, 2008

Day +555 : Neighbour

I am fine today.

When I reached my second sister’s house in Sibu last December, the first thing I wanted to do was to go online, but my sister did not subscribe to broadband internet service. She did have the fixed line telephone service, but dial-up internet access was too slow for me.

Later I found out that her next door neighbour had broadband internet service with wireless router modem. An idea came to my mind to “tumpang (ride)” on the neigbour’s broadband service to access internet. So I gave my niece RM30 and asked her to talk to the neighbour to see if I could “rent” their internet line for a few days with that amount of money. A little bit beyond my expectation, the neighbour refused to accept the money but immediately supplied me with the wireless network access key for me to use their internet line :-)

Sharing internet connection might be just a small thing, but can you imagine they used to share or borrow soya sauce, sugar, onion, cooking oil, eggs… :-)

If you suddenly discover that you are running out of soya sauce while having a meal, would you dare to borrow it from your next door neighbour? I bet you would rather having the meal without the soya sauce as it would be too embarrasing for you to borrow it from the next door neighbour, but to them, it is a common matter.

How I wish I could have neighbour like this.

See you next post :-)

No comments: