Thursday, October 18, 2007

Day +470 : He is the way

I am fine today.

On the way to Pulau Pangkor last Saturday, a driver shouted at me through his car’s window at one of the Bidor’s junction.

“Where is Teluk Intan?”

“Sorry, I don’t know,” I shouted back.

Not long after this, I realized that I was in fact heading toward Teluk Intan.

“I should ask the guy to follow me,” I told my wife.

It was not that I was reluctant to give direction to the driver, but before this, I really didn’t know that I needed to go to Teluk Intan first before reaching Lumut.

The question is how could I reach Lumut without knowing the way? It was because my brother Richard knew the way, so I just trust him and follow him. The only important thing to me was the destination – Pulau Pangkor. What places we need to pass by or what kind of situation we would encounter on the way is secondary to me; with so many children to take care of, not much time left to bother so much about that :-)

This is the same for those of us who believe in Jesus and trust Him would lead us to heaven - our eternal home.

Jesus told his disciples, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6).

Jesus not only knows the way, but He himself is the way.

When we put our faith in Him to lead us to the heaven, turmoil and difficulties in life become secondary because we know that we won’t miss our ultimate destination - a beautiful place full of joy and happiness as described in the Bible, "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.” Revelation 21:4

See you next post :-)

No comments: