Thursday, October 04, 2007

Day +456 : Dare to ask (不怕下问)

I am fine today.

My wife and I are not so brave especially in dealing with people who has a trait record of being rude. And we have an impression that a lot of government staffs are rude and impatience when servicing their customers. They will act in such as way that as though they are the boss or we owe them something.

Because of this, when I asked my wife to call the relevant department to enquire about our free airfare entitlement for the year end trip, she was quite reluctant to do it. Fortunately, the staff that she called was polite and helpful. What a relief for her!

In contrast, my eldest sister is always very daring when dealing with people regardless whether the one that she deals with is rude or not. When she wanted to find out something, she would ask until she get what she want.

One day, she shared with me the secret of being brave when dealing with people, and it has something to do with our perception on people’s behaviour. When she encountered rude and impatient people, she just said in her heart, “He is sick!”

With this perception in mind, we would have confidence that no matter how people react to our requests or enquiries, the problem does not lie with us. If they ill behave, they are just sick. Why a healthy one like us need to bother so much how a sick one behave?

See you next post :-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

can u tell me how to help my fren who also has leakimia ...she can undergo operation now just need to find a suitable now ... but need to seek the donor ... need ur advise plz do contact me justcoolgirl88@hotmail.com thanks

David said...

I am sorry to hear about this. Please check your mail.

David said...

Thank you! David

Anonymous said...

It is excellent idea. It is ready to support you.

Anonymous said...

auto tag agency in kendall american car timeline chute disk foto smart car parking stations pinnacle auto insurance

Anonymous said...

53280.....92987