Thursday, October 11, 2007

Day +463 : I decide to proceed with the Pulau Pangkor trip

I am fine today.

Since Aaron and Adriel have fully recovered from vomiting and diarrhea now, my health becomes the determining factor in deciding whether we should proceed with the Saturday’s Pulau Pangkor trip.

As I mentioned earlier, I planned to do a liver function test tomorrow. The purpose of the test is two-fold. Firstly, to decide whether I should proceed with the trip based on the test result. Secondly, I could use the result as a benchmark for next Tuesday’s result. Why the benchmark is important? The reason is that I adjusted my lifestyle since Monday – take more rest and almost don’t eat oil. If this helps to reduce the liver enzymes, it will be reflected on Friday test result. Then if I proceed with the trip and found out that the liver enzymes level increase again next Tuesday, it must be caused by hectic life and oily foods during the trip.

Unfortunately, the lab that I contacted told me that the test result could only be available on next Tuesday if I do the test today. So my plan doesn’t work :-(

I also called our family doctor to enquire about the test, but he is also not very sure whether I can get the result fast enough especially in this festive season. After I told him my intention of having the test, he advised me to proceed with the trip and enjoy my holiday. He said those with high level of liver enzymes still can travel :-)

With this, I decided to proceed with the trip :-)

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

david,
相信经历了这么多,你已经懂得不住祷告和仰望神,所以你的旅程一定会蒙神保守,放开忧虑好好和家人度过一个快乐假期吧!

“凡劳苦担重担的可以到我这里来...”
祝愿你有个愉快的旅程,上帝与你们一家同在。take k

David said...

谢谢!碧珊。