Saturday, September 29, 2007

Day +451 : Thank God for so many who care about me (1)

I am fine today.

I mentioned that I had sensitive teeth problem on my blog Day +412 :Sensitive teeth = healthy teeth? and Day +437 : The consequences of dry mouth (2). This really gave me a lot of problem. I thank God that the problem is gone now.

Initially I suspected the sensitive teeth was caused by graft-versus-host-disease (GVHD), but I never find any information that relate sensitive teeth to GVHD. Another possible cause might be because I am using Greenzhi toothgel(绿芝牙膏) from a direct sale company. The company claimed that the toothgel contains LingZhi (灵芝) - mushroom of immortality.

Someone in my church gave me the toothgel and said that it would probably solve me dry mouth problem. I thought it is no harm trying it since it is just a toothpaste. Who knows after using it for a few weeks, I developed sensitive teeth problem.

I switched to Sensodyne toothpaste which is specially formulated for sensitive teeth after that. About the same time, doctor also increased my Prednisolon dosage in a attempt to reduce the GVHD effect.

Since the last follow-up blood test result indicated that the additional Prednisolon dosage did not reduce GVHD effect much, but my sensitive teeth problem was greatly improved, I deduced that the problem not related to the GVHD but the Greenzhi, and the Sensodyne toothpaste is effective in reducing the sensitive teeth problem.

To be continued and see you next post :-)

No comments: