Sunday, September 23, 2007

Day +445 : A Mid-Autumn Festival Celebration

I am fine today.

Last night, my family and I attended a Mid-Autumn Celebration at our church. This is the first ever Mid-Autumn Celebration that I attended post bone marrow transplant :-)

There were about 100 adults and children attended the event. And of course, the most attracting program of the night was the potluck dinner :-) We had about 25 delicious dishes to enjoy :-) It is very unlikely that we would be able to enjoy that many dishes in the restaurant, but we achieved this very easily in the church. Just ask each family to bring along a dish of their expertise and there you have all sort of delicious foods to enjoy :-)

I was still living in isolation in a small room at this time last year, waiting for the blood count especially the white blood cell to restore to normal level. At that time, I was not even allowed to eat fresh fruit. This time, I not only managed to enjoy fresh fruits, but also all the delicious foods that church members had prepared. However, enjoying food is a secondary matter, the most valuable thing is to be able to bring my family to the event and enjoy fellowship with the church members.

A glance of the irresistible foods of the night. Adriel was drooling looking at the foods. Delicious ginger duck.
Home made mooncake by church member. Still available for order even after Mid-Autumn festival. Let me know if you are interested.
Adriel was enjoying the food.
Joseph was enjoying the food.
Everyone became tiger after the heavy meal :-)
A show of Mentos eruption, but not very successful :-( The one that I did on Day+427 achieved greater height than this.
See you next post :-)

No comments: