Monday, September 10, 2007

Day +432 : Alamak! My liver

My Blood Count Today:
Red Blood Count (HB) = 148 (Normal 130-180)
Platelet = 169(Normal 150-450)
White Blood Count (WBC) = 6.7(Normal 4 - 11)
Absolute Neutrophil Count (ANC) = 4.02 (Normal 1.5 - 8.0)
ALT = 294(Normal 30 – 65)
AST = 237(Normal 15-37)
GGT = 734(Normal 15-85)

I am fine today.

I went to UH very early this morning to draw blood for the afternoon appointment with hematologist. Since I went early, the liver function test result was available when I see the doctor. I was quite shocked to see the highly elevated level of ALT, AST and GGT which meant that my liver might be affected by GVHD again. I suspect this might be the reason that I am tired all the time recently :-(

Apart from this, I continue to have dry mouth and dry eyes problem. After examining my mouth, doctor said that I probably have chronic GVHD.

As a measure to counteract the GVHD effects on my liver and mouth, doctor increased my Pednisolon (steroid) dosage from 5mg (1 tablet) every two days to 30mg (6 tablets) everyday :-( The extra Prednisolon will definitely power me up – making me more “powerful” – but I really don’t like this type power.

Doctor would like to follow up my case more regularly to see if the extra Prednisolon reduces the GVHD symptoms. Therefore, they scheduled the next follow-up two weeks later instead of four weeks later.

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sir,

I believe the extra tablets will not bring down superman!

from
szu kiak

David said...

You know me very well, Szu Kiak. It will made me Ultraman, I guess :-)

Best Regards,
David